Serving Hawaii's Big Island

Emergency Service Available
808-345-2221

State of Hawaii Contractor Lic#: CT-35317

Mold

Left unchecked, mold will consume common building material used to build our homes including drywall, wood framing, doors, trim and flooring – which will cause damage and costly repairs. Exposure to mold can cause respiratory illness, allergies, skin irritation, headaches and with the release of microtoxins, more serious health issues.

Safety is the main consideration. When you discover mold in your home or business you should remove people and pets from the affected areas. Do not disturb the mold growth by wiping or spraying disinfectants or bleach as this will disperse mold spores and possibility cross contaminate unaffected areas which will cause additional clean-up and costs.

Proper mold remediation involves both identification and correction of the conditions that permit mold growth as well as taking steps needed to remove (both effectively and safely) and dispose the mold growth and the air borne spores.